Re: commit messages from gforge -> pgsql-committers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: commit messages from gforge -> pgsql-committers
Date
Re: commit messages from gforge -> pgsql-committers  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: commit messages from gforge -> pgsql-committers  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 20 May 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > >If Marc needed to save disk space or something.  If we could
> > >auto-generate on the fly via a URL, even better.
> > >

> > That's what cvsweb does ... it will generate a diff between any 2
> > arbitrary versions of a file on the fly. All you need to know are the
> > revision numbers - e.g.
> > http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/configure.diff?r1=1.365&r2=1.366
>
> My point is that for any non-trivial patch, you need to see all the
> files modified in a single view, rather than poke around to see
> different changes made to different files.

I can enable the diff attachment for commit messages ... I just fear the
size of the email going out for some of the large patches that are applied

Tom appears to be against, everyone else seems to be for ... should we try
it and see how it works out?

----