Avoiding SIGPIPE (was Re: OSDL DBT-2 w/ PostgreSQL 7.3.4 and 7.4beta5) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Avoiding SIGPIPE (was Re: OSDL DBT-2 w/ PostgreSQL 7.3.4 and 7.4beta5)
Date
Re: Avoiding SIGPIPE (was Re: OSDL DBT-2 w/ PostgreSQL  (markw@osdl.org)
List pgsql-hackers
Manfred Spraul <manfred@colorfullife.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> What we really want is to turn off SIGPIPE delivery on our socket
>> (only), but AFAIK there is no API to do that.
>>
> Linux has as MSG_NOSIGNAL flag for send(), but that seems to be Linux
> specific.

Hmm ... a Linux-specific solution would be better than none at all.

A bigger objection is that we couldn't get libssl to use it (AFAIK).
The flag really needs to be settable on the socket (eg, via fcntl),
not per-send.