Re: Avoiding SIGPIPE (was Re: OSDL DBT-2 w/ PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From markw@osdl.org
Subject Re: Avoiding SIGPIPE (was Re: OSDL DBT-2 w/ PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On  1 Nov, Tom Lane wrote:
> Manfred Spraul <manfred@colorfullife.com> writes:
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> What we really want is to turn off SIGPIPE delivery on our socket
>>> (only), but AFAIK there is no API to do that.
>>>
>> Linux has as MSG_NOSIGNAL flag for send(), but that seems to be Linux
>> specific.
>
> Hmm ... a Linux-specific solution would be better than none at all.
>
> A bigger objection is that we couldn't get libssl to use it (AFAIK).
> The flag really needs to be settable on the socket (eg, via fcntl),
> not per-send.

I'm a bit unfamiliar with this stuff, so I wanted to ask if this was
something that Linux appears to be handling differently than other OS's,
or if this was a platform specific issue with postgresql.

Thanks,
Mark