Re: pg_restore recognizing $-quotes - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_restore recognizing $-quotes
Date
Re: pg_restore recognizing $-quotes  ("Andrew Dunstan" <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-patches
"Andrew Dunstan" <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
> ISTM that a very simple alternative would be to force pg_dump to inhibit
> dollar quoting for non-text dumps.

I don't want to do that, but I did think that a simpler alternative
would be to inhibit pg_restore from attempting to parse FUNCTION
entries.  I can't see any strong need for it to do so.

(I haven't had time to review Philip's patch either... but I think Bruce
was asking whether to put it on the "awaiting review" list... definitely
yes.)

            regards, tom lane