Re: pg_restore recognizing $-quotes - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pg_restore recognizing $-quotes
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian said:

> This is quite a large patch, but we do need a solution to this problem.
>  Should it be applied?

I looked at it briefly, but felt sufficiently daunted that I gave up until I
have time to review it (my time is extremely limited right now).

ISTM that a very simple alternative would be to force pg_dump to inhibit
dollar quoting for non-text dumps. Then we could revisit the issue later on,
and maybe bite the bullet and use flex in pg_restore.

cheers

andrew