Re: [CORE] GPL Source and Copyright Questions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [CORE] GPL Source and Copyright Questions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
>>> item #2: Is dllinit.c GPL code?

> I don't think it's needed on Win32. It's not included in my VC++ build,
> because I forgot it :-), and it works just fine.
> The point is that as long as we don't do anything in it (which we
> don't), the runtime supplied default should be just fine.
> I can't speak for cygwin, just standard win32.

The part of it that seems not to be a no-op is

#ifdef __CYGWIN____hDllInstance_base = hInst;
#endif   /* __CYGWIN__ */

#ifdef __CYGWIN___impure_ptr = __imp_reent_data;
#endif

and the whole thing is wrapped in

#if CYGWIN_VERSION_DLL_MAJOR < 1001

so presumably this is only needed for old Cygwin versions.  Can anyone
say how old "1001" is and whether we still ought to care about it?