Re: Kerberos support broken on MSVC builds for Windows x64? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Kerberos support broken on MSVC builds for Windows x64?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Dave Page (dpage@pgadmin.org) wrote:
> Attached is a patch against 12.4 for the build system in case anyone wants
> to play (I'll do it properly against the head branch later). I'm guessing
> this will work for < 12, as with 12 I'm now getting the following which
> looks like it's related to GSS encryption:
>
> "C:\Users\dpage\Downloads\postgresql-12.4\pgsql.sln" (default target) (1) ->
> "C:\Users\dpage\Downloads\postgresql-12.4\pgcrypto.vcxproj" (default
> target) (2) ->
> "C:\Users\dpage\Downloads\postgresql-12.4\postgres.vcxproj" (default
> target) (3) ->
> (Link target) ->
>   be-secure-gssapi.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol setenv
> referenced in function secure_open_gssapi
> [C:\Users\dpage\Downloads\postgresql-12.4\postgres.vcxproj]
>   .\Release\postgres\postgres.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved
> externals [C:\Users\dpage\Downloads\postgresql-12.4\postgres.vcxproj]
>
> I'll dig into that some more.

Yes, that'd be in the GSSENC code, which I hadn't been expecting to be
used under Windows.  If you're successful, I don't have any issue
helping to make that work, though I'm curious if you're trying to build
with MIT KfW (which is rather ancient these days, being based on krb5
1.13 and not updated since..) or with a more current release...?

Of course, it'd be good to get a buildfarm animal in place that's
actually testing this if we're going to make it work.

Regarding the setenv() call, should be able to use pgwin32_putenv() in
place on Windows, I'd think..?

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment