Re: [HACKERS] Checksums by default? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Checksums by default?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 01:49:07PM -0600, Jim Nasby wrote:
> On 2/24/17 12:30 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> >In any case, we can't just build x86-64 packages with compile-time
> >SSE4.1 checks.
>
> Dumb question... since we're already discussing llvm for the executor, would
> that potentially be an option here? AIUI that also opens the possibility of
> using the GPU as well.

Uh, as far as I know, the best you are going to get from llvm is
standard assembly, while the SSE4.1 instructions use special assembly
instructions, so they would be faster, and in a way they are a GPU built
into CPUs.

http://enterprisedb.com