Should extension--unpackaged-$ver.sql's \echo use FROM unpackaged;? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Should extension--unpackaged-$ver.sql's \echo use FROM unpackaged;?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Fujii noticed that I'd used
\echo Use "CREATE EXTENSION pg_buffercache" to load this file. \quit
in an extension upgrade script. That's obviously wrong, because it
should say ALTER EXTENSION. The reason it's that way is that I copied
the line from the unpackaged--1.0.sql file.
I noticed all unpackaged--$version transition files miss the "FROM
unpackaged" in that echo.
I guess that's just a oversight which we should correct? Or is there
some rationale behind it?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services