Re: alter_table regression test problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: alter_table regression test problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2013-11-07 10:10:34 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On 2013-11-07 06:49:58 -0800, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> >> It's up to the committer whether to indent
> >> after review and make both substantive and whitespace changes
> >> together, but I have definitely seen those done separately, or even
> >> left for the next global pgindent run to fix.
>
> > Hm. I don't remember many such cases and I've just looked across the git
> > history and i didn't really find anything after
> > a04161f2eab55f72b3c3dba9baed0ec09e7f633f, but that was back when
> > individuals couldn't run pgindent because of the typedefs file.
>
> FWIW, I tend to pgindent before committing, now that it's easy to do so.
> But in cases like this, I'd much rather review the patch *before* that
> happens.  Basically the point of the review is to follow and confirm
> the patch author's thought process, and I'll bet you put the braces in
> before reindenting too.

Well, I did both at the same time, I have an emacs command for that
;). But independent from that technicality, reindenting is part of
changing the flow of logic for me - I've spent a couple of years
primarily writing python (where indentation is significant), maybe it's
that.

So, here's the patch (slightly editorialized) with reverted indenting of
that block.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Attachment