Re: alter_table regression test problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: alter_table regression test problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2013-11-07 06:49:58 -0800, Kevin Grittner wrote:
>> It's up to the committer whether to indent
>> after review and make both substantive and whitespace changes
>> together, but I have definitely seen those done separately, or even
>> left for the next global pgindent run to fix.

> Hm. I don't remember many such cases and I've just looked across the git
> history and i didn't really find anything after
> a04161f2eab55f72b3c3dba9baed0ec09e7f633f, but that was back when
> individuals couldn't run pgindent because of the typedefs file.

FWIW, I tend to pgindent before committing, now that it's easy to do so.
But in cases like this, I'd much rather review the patch *before* that
happens.  Basically the point of the review is to follow and confirm
the patch author's thought process, and I'll bet you put the braces in
before reindenting too.