Re: Are there plans to add data compression feature to postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Are there plans to add data compression feature to postgresql?
Date
List pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe escribió:

> What is the torn page problem?  Note I'm no big fan of compressed file
> systems, but I can't imagine them not working with databases, as I've
> seen them work quite reliably under exhange server running a db
> oriented storage subsystem.  And I can't imagine them not being
> invisible to an application, otherwise you'd just be asking for
> trouble.

Exchange, isn't that the thing that's very prone to corrupted databases?
I've heard lots of horror stories about that (and also about how you
have to defragment the database once in a while, so what kind of
database it really is?)