Re: Query Feromance

From: Thomas Pundt
Subject: Re: Query Feromance
Date: ,
Re: Query Feromance  (Marco Furetto)
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Query Feromance  (Marco Furetto, )
 Re: Query Feromance  ("Reimer", )
  Re: Query Feromance  (Marco Furetto, )
   Re: Query Feromance  (Thomas Pundt, )
    Re: Query Feromance  (Marco Furetto, )
     Re: Query Feromance  (Thomas Pundt, )
    Re: Query Feromance  (Marco Furetto, )

Hi,

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 09:25, Marco Furetto wrote:
| I'm managing the db of a "Content Management environment" and I'm
| searching for a "Query analyzer" to improve performance because i don't
| know how many and what type of queries are executing on the system (for
| the "where and join" block).

as a first step, I'd enable query duration logging; in postgresql.conf
I have set

  log_min_duration_statement = 3000

this will log each query that needs more than 3 seconds to complete.

The next step would be to "explain analyze" the problematic queries.

Ciao,
Thomas

--
Thomas Pundt <> ---- http://rp-online.de/ ----