linux world and table partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Bernier
Subject linux world and table partitioning
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Guys,

I'm going to be writing a full report on the SRA site next week about Linux
World but in the mean time I wanted to ask a question about the routine of
putting in new features into PostgreSQL.

A lot of Oracle guys came up to the booth and one of them asked specifically
about table partitioning. He asked "when is it going to get done?" and "if we
want to do it why aren't we canvassing the corporate world (or a particular
company) to sponsor it?".

Your input would be appreciated.

Robert Bernier