Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic Marketing - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic Marketing
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Peter,

> Well, what do you try to achieve?

Well, I think that's what's at issue here.   Rob wants some feedback from us
on what the thrust of our printed materials should be so that he can help us
develop some.   He's not really interested in organizing the community;
that's my job and yours.

Not everyone who wants to contribute to PostgreSQL is willing to operate an
industrial-strength mail client.   Nor should they be required to, or we
restrict ourselves to only contributions from a subset of our users.

So, either we hash this out here without CC'ing Rob and get back to him in a
week or so; or we take it to a seperate forum where tangents will be
prohibited so that Rob can have a level of participation which he has time
for.  I take it you'd prefer the former approach?

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions