Re: Hello and some questions - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Hello and some questions
Date
Re: Hello and some questions  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
Re: Hello and some questions  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
List pgsql-www
Robert,

> 3b) Move any remaining bits of techdocs into a new architecture (current is
> crufty php manually maintained) I personally think it should be openacs, but
> even homebrew php done correctly would be a major upgrade.

The problem is that OpenACS is an architecture, it's *not* a content manager.
Honestly, my first thought when Justin "handed over" techdocs to me (not that
I;ve done anything with it) was to contact the OpenACS folks and see if there
was a full-service CMS built on OpenACS.  There's not.

Also, Bricolage's setup of generating static files from dynamic content should
work a lot better with our site setup.  It would mean that the majority of
the Techdocs material could be mirrored just like the rest of www.

If I end up running Techdocs, or if Elein does (I've suggested it becuase of
the amount of energy she's put into General Bits) we're going to want a real
CMS so that we don't spend time debugging HMTL/PHP that could be better spent
managing authors and writing.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions