Re: Hello and some questions - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Hello and some questions
Date
List pgsql-www
On Monday 15 December 2003 16:34, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
>   Looks like I was able to con Dave into letting me on this list. ;-)
> j/k.   I've been going through the archives to get caught up to speed
> and I wanted to ask a couple of basic overview questions:

I'm quasi piggybacking dave's response here...

> 1. What is the current take on having one common design that is an
> integration of look, feel, and navigation across all of the sub-sites?

The current plan goes something like this:
1) Finish work on Andreas' code to make the main www multi-lingual.
2a) Fold the links/information from advocacy into the main www site.
2b) Fold the links/information from develope. into the main www site.
3a) Determine which parts of techdocs we want moved into the main www site.
3b) Move any remaining bits of techdocs into a new architecture (current is
crufty php manually maintained) I personally think it should be openacs, but
even homebrew php done correctly would be a major upgrade.

> 4. What areas are open to modification, discussion, design and
> implementation, and what are off limits?

I don't think anything is offlimits, but IMO anything other than work on
Andreas' code is a waste of time right now... you can get Andreas code from
CVS. please start hacking on it. please.

Robert Treat