Re: installation of pgAdmin3 on SuSE8.2 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From b-vol
Subject Re: installation of pgAdmin3 on SuSE8.2
Date
List pgadmin-support
Dear Mark and List Members,

Thanks for your help.  The source installation of vxWindows worked as you
suggested. I installed agnome system as suggested.   After running the
configure script, the foist make  reported some missing  files,  I unhashed
the following lines in /etc/profile

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/opt/gnome/lib:/opt/gnome2/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

rebooted and re-run make and the compilation  worked.

I then  encountered a problem when I tried to install pgadmin3.

I downloaded pgadmin3-1.0.0 tarball from the postgresql site.  I decompressed
the tarball and did the following:

1) I ran './configure --enable-static --enable-debug '
2.) I ran  'make all'    and  I received the following:

make[2] : *** [pgadmin3.0] Error 1
make[2]: leaving directory /opt/pgadmin3-1.0.0/src
make[1]: *** [all recursive] Error 1
make[1]: leaving directory /opt/pgadmin3-1.0.0/src
make: ***[all] Error 2

I am using  gcc3.2  (the default with SuSE8.2).  All suggestions are
welcomed.

regards
CT