Re: Cross-machine PL/pgSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Darko Prenosil
Subject Re: Cross-machine PL/pgSQL?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 25 March 2003 16:25, David Olbersen wrote:
> Is it possible to access a postgres database running on another machine on
> the network from a pl/pgsql function? I haven't been able to find anything
> in the docs about this and have a feeling it just isn't going to happen :)

If You are well familiar with libpq client interface, there is my project on
gborg that encapsulates almost all libpq functions calls and can be used in
pl/psql.
    ftp://gborg.postgresql.org/pub/plpq/devel/plpq_src.tar.gz

On the other hand, in /contrib directory of postgres sources there is dblink
tool that might be just what You want.