Re: Request for 7.0 JDBC status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Request for 7.0 JDBC status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> >> Relevant question: how well does the JDBC code that's in CVS now
> >> work with 7.0?  If the answer is "hardly at all" then a new driver
> >> is probably better even if it has lurking bugs.  If the answer is
> >> "pretty well" then again I'd be inclined to ship what we've got.
>
> > As far as I know, no one has it yet, except Thomas.  The driver must
> > have a domain of org.postgresql or it is the old version.  Only since I
> > installed Peter's Makefile last week did it become install-able.
>
> So the version currently in CVS has seen hardly any testing either?
> Man, you really know how to make a guy feel comfortable :-(

Up to then, it was using the code in postgresql.  Now it is using
org/postgresql directory, and they are different.  postgresql is the
6.5.* driver, and org/postgresql is the 7.0 driver.

> Given that, we might as well let Peter have the extra day or two
> to bring the CVS version to the best state he can.

Yea, it had that effect on me too.

Pennsylvania19026