Re: Removing {"="} privledges - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Fitzpatrick
Subject Re: Removing {"="} privledges
Date
List pgsql-general
> The GUI is broken if it can't cope with that form of
> privilege display. However, if you are not in a position to
> fix the GUI, you could try setting pg_class.relacl to NULL:
>
>     update pg_class set relacl = NULL where relacl = '{"="}';
>
> (I think that will work, but you'd be well advised to try it
> inside a transaction block, and look to make sure the results
> seem sane before committing...)
>
>             regards, tom lane

Hello Tom:

Thanks for the response. Most of the GUI is fine, the Active Monitor is
the only problem, not monitoring. I gave the Cobalt pre-defined user
'admin' all rights to all the tables in the Cobalt database like
mentioned in my last messages and all works. I am just trying to get the
table privileges back to the default way Cobalt had them by looking at
the other RaQ machine.

When I look at the pg_class table, the only record that shows {"="} in
the relacl field is pg_shadow. What does this mean? However, the same
goes for the other RaQ that does not have the same problem, so I don't
think this is the fix I'm looking for. The basic problem is if I remove
'admin' privileges from one of the tables, it leaves this {"="} under
Access permissions. But doing a '\z' on the database on the good RaQ,
this does not show up.

--
Robert Fitzpatrick