Re: Removing {"="} privledges - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Removing {"="} privledges
Date
List pgsql-general
"Robert Fitzpatrick" <robert@webtent.com> writes:
> We have a Cobalt RaQ4r that uses Postgres as the back-end of it's
> management GUI. I created a Postgres user and gave the user privledges
> (SELECT only) to the Cobalt database so I could read information into
> a web app of our own. When I did this, it added the {"="} privledge to
> that database privledges for all tables and I started having problems
> with the GUI.

The GUI is broken if it can't cope with that form of privilege display.
However, if you are not in a position to fix the GUI, you could try
setting pg_class.relacl to NULL:

    update pg_class set relacl = NULL where relacl = '{"="}';

(I think that will work, but you'd be well advised to try it inside
a transaction block, and look to make sure the results seem sane
before committing...)

            regards, tom lane