Removing {"="} privledges - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Fitzpatrick
Subject Removing {"="} privledges
Date
List pgsql-general
We have a Cobalt RaQ4r that uses Postgres as the back-end of it's
management GUI. I created a Postgres user and gave the user privledges
(SELECT only) to the Cobalt database so I could read information into
a web app of our own. When I did this, it added the {"="} privledge to
that database privledges for all tables and I started having problems
with the GUI. I had to add the 'admin' (pre-defined Cobalt user) with
all privledges to get the problems in the GUI to go away. This is what
it made the privledges look like:

Access permissions for database "cobalt"
 Relation | Access permissions
----------+--------------------
 bw       | {"=","admin=arwR"}
 cpu      | {"="}
 defcon   | {"="}
 memory   | {"="}
 network  | {"="}
 quota    | {"="}
 service  | {"="}
 users    | {"=","admin=arwR"}
 vsite    | {"=","admin=arwR"}

With these privledges, some parts of the Cobalt GUI are not operating
properly. I looked at another Cobalt RaQ we have where the problem
does not exist and no changes were made, it looks like this:

Access permissions for database "cobalt"
 Relation | Access permissions
----------+--------------------
 bw       | {"=","admin=arwR"}
 cpu      |
 defcon   |
 memory   |
 network  |
 quota    |
 service  |
 users    | {"=","admin=arwR"}
 vsite    | {"=","admin=arwR"}

I want to get the privledges back on the first server to what is on
the second server. If I look in my phpPgAdmin, it shows a public user
with no privledges on all tables in the database, I am assuming this
is what is making the {"="} privledge show up. I tried 'revoke all on
defcon from public;', but the privledge remains for that table. Right
now, the privledges are like below, but I'd rather get them back to
the way it is shown in the last listing above, any help? As you can
tell, I'm pretty new at Postgres.

  Access permissions for database "cobalt"
  Relation  |       Access permissions
------------+--------------------------------
 bw         | {"=","admin=arwR"}
 cpu        | {"=","admin=arwR"}