Re: Removing {"="} privledges - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Removing {"="} privledges
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 03:28:03PM -0400, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> When I look at the pg_class table, the only record that shows {"="} in
> the relacl field is pg_shadow. What does this mean? However, the same
> goes for the other RaQ that does not have the same problem, so I don't
> think this is the fix I'm looking for. The basic problem is if I remove
> 'admin' privileges from one of the tables, it leaves this {"="} under
> Access permissions. But doing a '\z' on the database on the good RaQ,
> this does not show up.

I think the {"="} mean that nobody has permissions (except super users). If
there is nothing at all if means there are no restrictions (IIRC, though
this may vary between releases). If you want to allow anything for anybody
other than admin you can say "GRANT ALL ON <table> TO PUBLIC" though you may
have to check how that relates to other permissions you grant.

I'm not sure how to explain this. Maybe check the online docs.