Re: share library version problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: share library version problems
Date
List pgsql-general
Bryan White <bryan@arcamax.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Don't do the rpmbuild as root.

> I think I have it solved now.  I am not to familiar with the process of
> building from source RPMs.  You said to not do it as root but that meant
> I did not have write access to /usr/src/redhat.

Well, nobody at Red Hat builds RPMs in /usr/src/redhat anymore ;-).
The setup I use involves creating a directory ~/rpmwork, making
these subdirectories in it:
    BUILD/    RPMS/     SOURCES/  SPECS/    SRPMS/
and making a file ~/.rpmmacros containing just
    %_topdir /home/tgl/rpmwork
(adjust to suit where your work dir actually is of course).  To build,
copy the SRPM into the SRPMS subdirectory, cd there, and go
    rpmbuild --rebuild srpmfilename
The only part you need root for is actually installing the built RPMs
(which end up under the RPMS directory of course).

            regards, tom lane