Re: share library version problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bryan White
Subject Re: share library version problems
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Don't do the rpmbuild as root.  Alternatively, I believe there's a
> %define you can set to skip the regression test ... but that's
> probably not a good idea.

I think I have it solved now.  I am not to familiar with the process of
building from source RPMs.  You said to not do it as root but that meant
I did not have write access to /usr/src/redhat.  I tried to options to
build from a different location without much luck.  In the end I moved
/usr/src/redhat to /usr/src/redhat.old and created a new one (including
sub-directories) and made myself the owner.  It then builds fine.  Seems
like there has to be an easier way.

Anyway, after installing the new RPMs on my FC4 dev server and
rebuilding my programs, the programs do now run on my web server (stock
FC4 PostgreSQL).

Thanks for your help

--
Bryan White, ArcaMax Publishing Inc.