Re: Majordomo drops multi-line Subject: - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Majordomo drops multi-line Subject:
Date
List pgsql-general
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>> I noticed that Majordomo drops the second and subsequent lines of a
>>> Subject: line in message before dispatching for some reason.  It has
>>> done this for some time; I noticed it some time ago in pgsql-es-ayuda
>>> but I thought it may be a bug in my MUA.  But I just saw it happened to
>>> a mail from Bruce as well.
>> Can you have multi-line subject lines?  I didn't think that was
>> possible.
>
> Yes.  This is the header of a mail you sent to -patches:

To further this:

RCPT TO: jd@lists.commandprompt.oc
m550 5.7.1 jd@lists.commandprompt.oc... Relaying denied. Proper
authentication required.
RCPT TO: jd@lists.commandprompt.com
250 2.1.5 jd@lists.commandprompt.com... Recipient ok
data
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
Subject: asdf
asdfasdf

hello
.
250 2.0.0 k7NFEHfh005371 Message accepted for delivery
RCPT TO: jd@lists.commandprompt.com
503 5.0.0 Need MAIL before RCPT
MAIL FROM: linuxpoet@gmail.com
250 2.1.0 linuxpoet@gmail.com... Sender ok
RCPT TO: jd@lists.commandprompt.com
250 2.1.5 jd@lists.commandprompt.com... Recipient ok
data
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
Subject: asdfasdfasdf
         asdfasdfasdfaasdffasdfasdasdf

this is a test
.
250 2.0.0 k7NFEHfi005371 Message accepted for delivery

Both of these came through with proper multi line subjects.

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/