Re: Majordomo drops multi-line Subject: - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Majordomo drops multi-line Subject:
Date
Re: Majordomo drops multi-line Subject:  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-general
> I noticed that Majordomo drops the second and subsequent lines of a
> Subject: line in message before dispatching for some reason.  It has
> done this for some time; I noticed it some time ago in pgsql-es-ayuda
> but I thought it may be a bug in my MUA.  But I just saw it happened to
> a mail from Bruce as well.

> Is this fixable?

Even though multi-line Subject: is theoretically legal according to the
RFCs, it's certainly an awful idea; how many MUAs do you know that
provide more than one line to display the subject in a normal view?
So I don't really care if Majordomo truncates the subject --- I wouldn't
see the rest of it anyway.

            regards, tom lane