Re: Splitting up guc.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Splitting up guc.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
=?utf-8?Q?Dagfinn_Ilmari_Manns=C3=A5ker?= <ilmari@ilmari.org> writes:
> Git can detect more complicated code movement (see the `--color-moved`
> option to `git diff`), but I'm not sure it's clever enough to realise
> that a change modifying a block of code that was moved in the meanwhile
> should be applied at the new destination.

Yeah, I suspect people will have to manually reapply any changes in
the GUC tables to guc_tables.c.  That'll be the same amount of work
for them whenever we commit this patch (unless theirs lands first,
in which case I have to deal with it).  The issue I think is
whether it's politer to make that happen during a CF or between
CFs.