Re: Splitting up guc.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Splitting up guc.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Sep-12, Tom Lane wrote:

> Yeah, I suspect people will have to manually reapply any changes in
> the GUC tables to guc_tables.c.  That'll be the same amount of work
> for them whenever we commit this patch (unless theirs lands first,
> in which case I have to deal with it).  The issue I think is
> whether it's politer to make that happen during a CF or between
> CFs.

Personally I would prefer that this kind of thing is done quickly rather
than delay it to some uncertain future.  That way I can deal with it
straight ahead rather than living with the anxiety that it will land
later and I will have to deal with it then.  I see no benefit in
waiting.