REGEXP_REPLACE : How to use a column value in the regex - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From PG Doc comments form
Subject REGEXP_REPLACE : How to use a column value in the regex
Date
List pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/functions-matching.html

The documentation doesn't talk about any regex syntax for using a column
from the db in the pattern. There is no mention if this is NOT supported.
All the examples are using static string and none using a DB column
values.
e.g. I have a field *portfolio* which had data like CloudPlatform (Public),
CloudPlatform (Private), MobilePlatfom (Public),.. etc
These values are coming from another table *platformtypes" which has these
values Public, Private, Hybrid...etc.
I want to replace these types from the portfolio names, i was able to do it
using string
*SELECT
Portfolios.PortfolioName,REGEXP_REPLACE(Portfolios.PortfolioName,'(\(Public\))',''),
but I would like to use something  like
*REGEXP_REPLACE(Portfolios.PortfolioName,'(\(platformtypes.Name\)),'')*