Re: Getting our tables to render better in PDF output - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Alexander Lakhin
Subject Re: Getting our tables to render better in PDF output
Date
List pgsql-docs
17.02.2020 00:21, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> Hello Tom,
>> 16.02.2020 23:07, Tom Lane wrote:
>>

>> I poked at this a little bit, and found that I could get a pretty
>> decent-looking result if I hacked the .fo file to contain
>> "<fo:inline baseline-shift="10%">→</fo:inline>" rather than a bare
>> right arrow.  (See attached screenshot, wherein the last rightarrow
>> was fixed this way but the others weren't.)  However, I do not
>> have much of a clue as to how such a fix might be injected into
>> our stylesheets --- anybody have a suggestion?
> Please look at the XSLT template for processing .fo before calling fop.
> Maybe this can be done with just the existing stylesheet-fo.xsl, I'll
> try to research this later.
I've managed to simplify the patch a little by incorporating those
templates in stylesheet-fo.xsl.

Maybe it's better to use the same formatting as in the docbook xsl
template (see docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/xhtml-1_1/inline.xsl).
There "$menuchoice.menu.separator" is enclosed in <fo:inline
font-size=".75em" font-family="{$symbol.font.family}">...</fo:inline>
and you can see the effect on page 536 (IPC parameters can be set in the
System Administration Manager (SAM) under Kernel Configu-
ration → Configurable Parameters.)

Yet another possibility is to use the docbook tags:
<returnvalue>int</returnvalue></funcdef>.
Then we can define the desired formatting for such markup (similar to

Best regards,
Alexander

Attachment