Re: Processing data from table using awk. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Reid Thompson
Subject Re: Processing data from table using awk.
Date
Re: Processing data from table using awk.  ("Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul)" <bob.basques@ci.stpaul.mn.us>)
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2015-10-06 at 09:04 -0500, John McKown wrote:

> I'm wanting to do some reporting on data which I have an a PostgreSQL table.
> For lack of anything better, I've decided to see if I can do it in GNU awk.

perhaps... note the 4th extension...

https://www.gnu.org/software/gawk/manual/html_node/gawkextlib.html
As of this writing, there are seven extensions:

    errno extension
    GD graphics library extension
    PDF extension
    PostgreSQL extension
    MPFR library extension (this provides access to a number of MPFR functions that gawk’s native MPFR support does
not)
    Redis extension
    XML parser extension, using the Expat XML parsing librar