Re: Processing data from table using awk. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John McKown
Subject Re: Processing data from table using awk.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Reid Thompson <Reid.Thompson@ateb.com> wrote:
On Tue, 2015-10-06 at 09:04 -0500, John McKown wrote:

> I'm wanting to do some reporting on data which I have an a PostgreSQL table.
> For lack of anything better, I've decided to see if I can do it in GNU awk.

perhaps... note the 4th extension...

https://www.gnu.org/software/gawk/manual/html_node/gawkextlib.html
As of this writing, there are seven extensions:

    errno extension
    GD graphics library extension
    PDF extension
    PostgreSQL extension

​Thanks. I missed that. The GAWK documentation is a bit difficult to get through. I depended way too much on a Google search.​

    MPFR library extension (this provides access to a number of MPFR functions that gawk’s native MPFR support does not)
    Redis extension
    XML parser extension, using the Expat XML parsing librar

Schrodinger's backup: The condition of any backup is unknown until a restore is attempted.

Yoda of Borg, we are. Futile, resistance is, yes. Assimilated, you will be.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown