Re: Processing data from table using awk. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul)
Subject Re: Processing data from table using awk.
Date
List pgsql-general
Just to throw in an idea.

I almost exclusively use PERL for this type of thing.  A bunch of examples out on the web using DBI, and the main
aspectsare portable across many databases, not just POSTGRES.

Just my two cents.

AWK would work too, I’ve used it myself, and got very complicated with it as well, but you’ll eventually end up looking
formore capabilities, and start pulling in other commands like SED, etc.  Perl just keeps on working.

bobb