Re: Initdb not running on beos - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Initdb not running on beos
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Cyril VELTER <cyril.velter@libertysurf.fr> writes:
>     Unfortunatly, there is no hard link on beos :=(. link and unlink are
> there, but link always return "No such file or directory".

Somewhere right around here is where I am going to ask why we are
entertaining the idea of a BeOS port in the first place... it's
evidently not Unix or even trying hard to be close to Unix.

Bad enough to have dozens of #ifdef __BEOS__ already uglifying the code;
I don't intend to hold still for people saying "you can't use link()".