Re: location of Unix socket - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: location of Unix socket
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I don't like the code in fe-connect.c one bit, it's way messed up.

Yes.  We've accepted several extremely questionable (not to mention
poorly documented or completely undocumented) "features" in there
recently.  If I'd been paying more attention I would've voted against
both the URL patch and the SERVICE patch, as I think they're both
less than fully baked --- and I don't see word one about either in
the libpq SGML documentation.

Someone should probably review the history and either fix or remove
the more dubious patches, before we get stuck having to be
backwards-compatible with bad ideas.