Re: Initdb not running on beos - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Cyril VELTER
Subject Re: Initdb not running on beos
Date
List pgsql-hackers
   Unfortunatly, there is no hard link on beos :=(. link and unlink are
there, but link always return "No such file or directory".
   BTW, What the code in XLogFileInit is supposed to do ? Why not create the
file with the right name in the first step ?
   I have tried to create the file whith the right name and remove all link/
unlink. After that, initdb does works but after I have a quite strange
behavior :       * Every select return 0 row (the columns are there, but no datas)   * Every create  or insert crash
thebackend.   * If I do nothing, the backend will crash after some minutes      is it related to the first hack ? or is
theresomething else ?

           cyril