Re: Initdb not running on beos - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Adam Haberlach
Subject Re: Initdb not running on beos
Date
Re: Initdb not running on beos  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 04:09:46PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Cyril VELTER <cyril.velter@libertysurf.fr> writes:
> >     Unfortunatly, there is no hard link on beos :=(. link and unlink are
> > there, but link always return "No such file or directory".
>
> Somewhere right around here is where I am going to ask why we are
> entertaining the idea of a BeOS port in the first place... it's
> evidently not Unix or even trying hard to be close to Unix.
You've asked this before.
How does Windows manage to work?

--
Adam Haberlach           |"California's the big burrito, Texas is the big
adam@newsnipple.com      | taco ... and following that theme, Florida is