Re: PostgreSQL cannot be compiled on RISC-V - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL cannot be compiled on RISC-V
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
> On Nov 20, 2016 6:57 PM, "John R Pierce" <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
>> wait, what??   postgres can't function at all without basic networking
>> support, including at least named pipes and tcp over localhost.

> I think you mean the named UNIX domain socket in /tmp. Technically not the
> same thing as named pipes.

Right, we would need either UNIX-domain or TCP sockets for server
connections to work at all.

> I don't think we require tcp whether loopback or not.

We require UDP packet loopback to work for the stats collector to work.
If it weren't working, certain regression tests would probably fail,
and definitely the "stats" test would fail.  Richard's last message
shows that as having passed.

So I think his kernel must have more networking ability than he
supposes.

            regards, tom lane