Re: PostgreSQL cannot be compiled on RISC-V - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: PostgreSQL cannot be compiled on RISC-V
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 11/20/2016 11:35 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Greg Stark<stark@mit.edu>  writes:
>> >I think you mean the named UNIX domain socket in /tmp. Technically not the
>> >same thing as named pipes.

err, yeah, thats what I meant, all right.  typing on my first cup of
coffee, hah!

> Right, we would need either UNIX-domain or TCP sockets for server
> connections to work at all.
>
>> >I don't think we require tcp whether loopback or not.
> We require UDP packet loopback to work for the stats collector to work.
> If it weren't working, certain regression tests would probably fail,
> and definitely the "stats" test would fail.  Richard's last message
> shows that as having passed.

ahh, yeah, I knew there was something like that, I just couldn't
remember what.      I'm vaguely remembering someone on this list  a year
or so ago who was upset that localhost was hard coded to 127.0.0.1
because he was trying to do something weirdly 'clever' with it.