Re: PostgreSQL cannot be compiled on RISC-V - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: PostgreSQL cannot be compiled on RISC-V
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Nov 20, 2016 6:57 PM, "John R Pierce" <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:

> On 11/20/2016 2:36 AM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>>
>> This is *probably* because our kernel lacks networking support, but I
didn't look at this in great detail yet.

> wait, what??   postgres can't function at all without basic networking
support, including at least named pipes and tcp over localhost.

I think you mean the named UNIX domain socket in /tmp. Technically not the
same thing as named pipes.

I don't think we require tcp whether loopback or not. You can certainly
configure the server not to accept tcp at all and only the UNIX domain
connections which is presumably good enough if it's a kernel issue.