Re: Release, 3rd draft - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Lance Obermeyer
Subject Re: Release, 3rd draft
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
That's not a very impressive number.  I'm concerned that it will compare poorly against MySQL.  That fact that MySQL 5
stinksand has needed such a long beta is beside the point.

We could just delete the "Given that 8.1 has already had x downloads of the beta" statement.  We could also appeal to
anindustry trend instead of an 8.1 beta metric.  Something like "Given the acceleration around all things open source,
I'mexpecting..."

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Berkus [mailto:josh@agliodbs.com]
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 2:42 PM
To: pgsql-advocacy@postgresql.org
Cc: Jim Nasby
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Release, 3rd draft

Folks,

5) I've just checked our download stats.  So far, we've only had about
11,000 beta downloads.   If there's no accelleration, that could mean
about 20,000 downloads at the time of release. So, question, is 20,000
beta downloads impressive at all?  Or does this make it a bad quote?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions