Re: Build System/translations - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Build System/translations
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Jean-Michel,

No problem.

> > One thing I noticed was there is still a src/ui/ar directory being
> > included in the build - I thought this was added by mistake
> and later
> > removed (or supposed to be)? It's certainly not listed on the
> > translations page.
>
> You are right. Removed.

Thanks.

> > Anyway, my point is, how correct is the list of translations in
> > src/Makefile.am? Should it be restricted to those that are
> listed in
> > the 'published' section of the website?
>
> Why not add files using ui/*_*/pgadmin3.*o as all
> translations will be
> delivered sooner or later. This is free software: there is no
> need to manage
> too much. pgAdmin3 is not a production "hub" with inputs and
> outputs (and
> "downsizings"). The projects is more like electons flying
> around a kernel.

That's what I was doing in the win32 releases, but it struck me that we
were including languages at 0% status. As pgAdmin gives the option to
use any language it finds a directory for (never mind if there is
anything in it), it meant we were offering translations that basically
don't exist. I can see the emails now: 'I selected Klingon, but got
English - why?'

> Andreas proposed to restrict the list to the published web
> site section. Do
> what you both prefer. This may be a good idea, I don't know...

I have added a note to both the makefile.am and
cnt_translation_status.php to this effect for the time being. We can
always change it later.

Regards, Dave.