Re: Build System/translations - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: Build System/translations
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Dear Dave,

Sorry for the late reply.

> I've just been working on the slackware build system to remove the need
> to maintain the script when adding translations etc - it is now
> dependent on 'make install' working correctly as I suspect most of the
> other build systems are (btw, if anyone has any additional scripts that
> aren't in their pkg directory, please let me have them to put in CVS,
> even if they are system specific).
>
> One thing I noticed was there is still a src/ui/ar directory being
> included in the build - I thought this was added by mistake and later
> removed (or supposed to be)? It's certainly not listed on the
> translations page.

You are right. Removed.

> Anyway, my point is, how correct is the list of translations in
> src/Makefile.am? Should it be restricted to those that are listed in the
> 'published' section of the website?

Why not add files using ui/*_*/pgadmin3.*o as all translations will be
delivered sooner or later. This is free software: there is no need to manage
too much. pgAdmin3 is not a production "hub" with inputs and outputs (and
"downsizings"). The projects is more like electons flying around a kernel.

Andreas proposed to restrict the list to the published web site section. Do
what you both prefer. This may be a good idea, I don't know...

> On another note, there was talk again of a translators list the other
> day. Is this something you would like?

Thanks, but there is no need. We can manage translations separately on the
basis of our personal feelings, etc... Everything works fine until now. If
something goes wrong, just send the email to the list.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel Pouré