Re: Problem with initdb failing - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Paul R. Sand
Subject Re: Problem with initdb failing
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Jason,

I changed the group ownership of the files to "Administrators". Is this what
you meant by run mkgroup? Or, do I need to do anything else?

I also set the modes of the files as suggested (I had tried this previously
too) -- /tmp /usr/bin /usr/log.

I searched all over for a postmaster.log file and can not find one (I have
not been able to get to the step that I start the postmaster yet, so this
might explain not having the log, but I don't know if the "install" command
should have been logged..)  The only .log files I found were from the cygwin
install ....

I still get the following when I tried to start ipc-daemon2 and postmaster:

paul_sand@mverify3 /var/log
$ cygrunsrv -S ipc-daemon2
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062:
The service has not been started.

paul_sand@mverify3 /var/log
$ cygrunsrv -Q ipc-daemon2
Service ipc-daemon2 exists
Type                : Own Process
Current State       : Stopped
Controls Accepted   :

paul_sand@mverify3 /var/log
$ cygrunsrv -Q postmaster
Service postmaster exists
Type                : Own Process
Current State       : Stopped
Controls Accepted   :

paul_sand@mverify3 /var/log
$ cygrunsrv -S postmaster
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: StartService:  Win32 error 1068:
The dependency service or group failed to start.

It seems that if I can get ipc-daemon to run postmaster will probably work

paul_sand@mverify3 /var/log
$

Regards,

Paul