Re: index_delete_sort: Unnecessary variable "low" is used in heapam.c

From
Daniel Gustafsson
Date:
> On 24 Sep 2024, at 10:32, btnakamurakoukil <btnakamurakoukil@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:

> I noticed unnecessary variable "low" in index_delete_sort() (/postgres/src/backend/access/heap/heapam.c), patch
attached.What do you think?

That variable does indeed seem to not be used, and hasn't been used since it
was committed in d168b666823.  The question is if it's a left-over from
development which can be removed, or if it should be set and we're missing an
optimization.  Having not read the referenced paper I can't tell so adding
Peter Geoghegan who wrote this for clarification.

--
Daniel Gustafsson