configure failures on chipmunk

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Hi.  I noticed chipmunk is failing in configure:

checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/home/pgbfarm/buildroot/HEAD/pgsql.build':

You may want to give it a look.

Thanks!

"This is what I like so much about PostgreSQL.  Most of the surprises
are of the "oh wow!  That's cool" Not the "oh shit!" kind.  :)"
Scott Marlowe, http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2008-10/msg00152.php

Re: configure failures on chipmunk

From
Thomas Munro
Date:
On Wed, Aug 21, 2024 at 9:48 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> Hi.  I noticed chipmunk is failing in configure:
>
> checking whether the C compiler works... no
> configure: error: in `/home/pgbfarm/buildroot/HEAD/pgsql.build':

One of the runs shows:

./configure: line 4202: 28268 Bus error               $CC -c $CFLAGS
$CPPFLAGS conftest.$ac_ext 1>&5

Re: configure failures on chipmunk

From
Heikki Linnakangas
Date:
On 21/08/2024 01:42, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2024 at 9:48 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
>> Hi.  I noticed chipmunk is failing in configure:
>>
>> checking whether the C compiler works... no
>> configure: error: in `/home/pgbfarm/buildroot/HEAD/pgsql.build':
>> configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
>
> One of the runs shows:
>
> ./configure: line 4202: 28268 Bus error               $CC -c $CFLAGS
> $CPPFLAGS conftest.$ac_ext 1>&5

Yeah, I've been slowly upgrading it to a new debian/raspbian version,
and "ccache" started segfaulting, not sure why. I compiled ccache from
sources, and now it seems to work when I run it on its own. Not sure why
the buildfarm run still failed.

--
Heikki Linnakangas
Neon (https://neon.tech)

Re: configure failures on chipmunk

Date:
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> writes:
> Yeah, I've been slowly upgrading it to a new debian/raspbian version,
> and "ccache" started segfaulting, not sure why. I compiled ccache from
> sources, and now it seems to work when I run it on its own. Not sure why
> the buildfarm run still failed.

Maybe nuking the animal's ccache cache would help.

            regards, tom lane

Re: configure failures on chipmunk

From
Alexander Lakhin
Date:
Hello Heikki,

21.08.2024 09:29, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Yeah, I've been slowly upgrading it to a new debian/raspbian version, and "ccache" started segfaulting, not sure why.

> I compiled ccache from sources, and now it seems to work when I run it on its own. Not sure why the buildfarm run
> still failed.

Could you also take a look at the kerberos setup on chipmunk? Now that
chipmunk goes beyond configure (on HEAD and REL_17_STABLE), it fails on the
kerberosCheck stage, with the following error:
Can't exec "/usr/sbin/kdb5_util": No such file or directory at
/home/pgbfarm/buildroot/HEAD/pgsql.build/src/test/kerberos/../../../src/test/perl/PostgreSQL/Test/Utils.pm line 349.

Best regards,
Alexander

Re: configure failures on chipmunk

From
Alexander Lakhin
Date:
Hello Heikki,

26.08.2024 07:00, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> Could you also take a look at the kerberos setup on chipmunk? Now that
> chipmunk goes beyond configure (on HEAD and REL_17_STABLE), it fails on the
> kerberosCheck stage, ...

I see that chipmunk turned green.

Thank you for taking care of that!

Best regards,