Re: configure failures on chipmunk - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: configure failures on chipmunk
Date
Re: configure failures on chipmunk
List pgsql-hackers
On 21/08/2024 01:42, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2024 at 9:48 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
>> Hi.  I noticed chipmunk is failing in configure:
>>
>> checking whether the C compiler works... no
>> configure: error: in `/home/pgbfarm/buildroot/HEAD/pgsql.build':
>> configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
>
> One of the runs shows:
>
> ./configure: line 4202: 28268 Bus error               $CC -c $CFLAGS
> $CPPFLAGS conftest.$ac_ext 1>&5

Yeah, I've been slowly upgrading it to a new debian/raspbian version,
and "ccache" started segfaulting, not sure why. I compiled ccache from
sources, and now it seems to work when I run it on its own. Not sure why
the buildfarm run still failed.

--
Heikki Linnakangas
Neon (https://neon.tech)