gitmaster server problem?

Date:
About 20 minutes ago I starting getting gitmaster pull errors:

    $ git pull ssh://git@gitmaster.postgresql.org/postgresql.git
    ssh: connect to host gitmaster.postgresql.org port 22: Connection timed
    out

    and the repository exists.

Public git seems fine:

    $ git pull https://git.postgresql.org/git/postgresql.git
    From https://git.postgresql.org/git/postgresql
     * branch                    HEAD       -> FETCH_HEAD
    Already up to date.

Can anyone confirm or report on the cause?

Re: gitmaster server problem?

From
Matthias van de Meent
Date:
On Sat, 17 Aug 2024 at 18:41, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> About 20 minutes ago I starting getting gitmaster pull errors:
>
>         $ git pull ssh://git@gitmaster.postgresql.org/postgresql.git
>         ssh: connect to host gitmaster.postgresql.org port 22: Connection timed
>         out
>         fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
>
>         Please make sure you have the correct access rights
>         and the repository exists.
[...]
> Can anyone confirm or report on the cause?

Additional infra that doesn't seem to work right now: mailing list
archives [0] seem to fail at a 503 produced by Varnish Cache server:
Error 503 Backend fetch failed. Maybe more of infra is down, or
otherwise under maintenance?

Kind regards,

Matthias van de Meent

[0] https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-hackers/2024-08/

Re: gitmaster server problem?

Date:
Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres@gmail.com> writes:
> Additional infra that doesn't seem to work right now: mailing list
> archives [0] seem to fail at a 503 produced by Varnish Cache server:
> Error 503 Backend fetch failed. Maybe more of infra is down, or
> otherwise under maintenance?

Yeah, I'm seeing that too; not at the top level of the site but
when you try to drill down to individual messages.

commitfest.postgresql.org isn't responding either,
nor wiki.postgresql.org.

            regards, tom lane

Re: gitmaster server problem?

Date:

Date:
On Sat, Aug 17, 2024 at 02:15:49PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres@gmail.com> writes:
> > Additional infra that doesn't seem to work right now: mailing list
> > archives [0] seem to fail at a 503 produced by Varnish Cache server:
> > Error 503 Backend fetch failed. Maybe more of infra is down, or
> > otherwise under maintenance?
>
> Yeah, I'm seeing that too; not at the top level of the site but
> when you try to drill down to individual messages.
>
> commitfest.postgresql.org isn't responding either,
> nor wiki.postgresql.org.

Okay, thanks for the confirmation.  I emailed pginfra at the same time I
posted the first email, so they are aware.  I have not received a reply
from them yet.

Re: gitmaster server problem?

Date:
On Sat, Aug 17, 2024 at 02:15:49PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres@gmail.com> writes:
> > Additional infra that doesn't seem to work right now: mailing list
> > archives [0] seem to fail at a 503 produced by Varnish Cache server:
> > Error 503 Backend fetch failed. Maybe more of infra is down, or
> > otherwise under maintenance?
>
> Yeah, I'm seeing that too; not at the top level of the site but
> when you try to drill down to individual messages.
>
> commitfest.postgresql.org isn't responding either,
> nor wiki.postgresql.org.

Okay, thanks for the confirmation.  I emailed pginfra at the same time I
posted the first email, so they are aware.  I have not received a reply
from them yet.

Re: gitmaster server problem?

From
Joe Conway
Date:
On 8/17/24 13:59, Matthias van de Meent wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Aug 2024 at 18:41, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>>
>> About 20 minutes ago I starting getting gitmaster pull errors:
>>
>>         $ git pull ssh://git@gitmaster.postgresql.org/postgresql.git
>>         ssh: connect to host gitmaster.postgresql.org port 22: Connection timed
>>         out
>>         fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
>>
>>         Please make sure you have the correct access rights
>>         and the repository exists.
> [...]
>> Can anyone confirm or report on the cause?
>
> Additional infra that doesn't seem to work right now: mailing list
> archives [0] seem to fail at a 503 produced by Varnish Cache server:
> Error 503 Backend fetch failed. Maybe more of infra is down, or
> otherwise under maintenance?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Matthias van de Meent
>
> [0] https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-hackers/2024-08/

Just to close this out -- problem found and fixed about an hour ago.
Sorry for the interruption.

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

Re: gitmaster server problem?

From
Jelte Fennema-Nio
Date:
On Sat, 17 Aug 2024 at 22:05, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
> Just to close this out -- problem found and fixed about an hour ago.
> Sorry for the interruption.

Whatever the problem was it seems to have returned

Date:
On 8/19/24 05:04, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Aug 2024 at 22:05, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
>> Just to close this out -- problem found and fixed about an hour ago.
>> Sorry for the interruption.
>
> Whatever the problem was it seems to have returned

What specifically? I am not seeing anything at the moment.

--

Date:
On Mon, 19 Aug 2024 at 13:39, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
> What specifically? I am not seeing anything at the moment.

It seems to be working again fine. But before
https://git.postgresql.org was throwing 502 and 503 errors. Depending
on the request either by Varnish or nginx.

Re: gitmaster server problem?

From
Robert Haas
Date:

I'm still unable to access any https://git.postgresql.org/ URL.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Date:
On Mon, 19 Aug 2024 at 14:04, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm still unable to access any https://git.postgresql.org/ URL.

Yeah it's broken for me again too.

Date:
On Mon, 19 Aug 2024 at 14:05, Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres@jeltef.nl> wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Aug 2024 at 14:04, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm still unable to access any https://git.postgresql.org/ URL.
>
> Yeah it's broken for me again too.

In case the actual error is helpful (although I doubt it):

Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:

XID: 1030914118

________________________________

Varnish cache server

Date:
On 8/19/24 08:06, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Aug 2024 at 14:05, Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres@jeltef.nl> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 19 Aug 2024 at 14:04, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I'm still unable to access any https://git.postgresql.org/ URL.
>>
>> Yeah it's broken for me again too.
>
> In case the actual error is helpful (although I doubt it):
>
> Error 503 Backend fetch failed
>
> Backend fetch failed
>
> Guru Meditation:
>
> XID: 1030914118

I am not seeing any errors here. nagios monitoring is showing an ipv6
error though. Not the same issue as yesterday.

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team
RDS Open Source Databases